The fourth event in the Nissan Trailseeker Series stops over in one of South Africa’s most popular holiday resorts and private game reserves, Sondela Nature Reserve. This beautiful reserve is the perfect venue to host a fun and family friendly mountain bike event. Ride the idyllic trails through natures heart, experiencing the wildlife and soaking up the tranquillity of the bush.
Top off your experience with on of Sondela’s many activities, perhaps a cold one on a game drive? Book quality holiday accommodation from 4-star self-catering chalets, a caravan park & tent camp, to the up-market butler serviced Country House, graded 5-star by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
Choose between 10 km, 20 km, 40 km and 65 km routes on offer and join the trail movement!
Choose your race category and experience the best value available in the industry. Late entry fees apply from Thursday before the race and on race day.
NEW EVENT FORMAT & COVID REGULATIONS
Advendurance will cover all bases to ensure the safety of the riders and runners by hosting this event in a completely new format:
In accordance with announced Government Regulations, the Nissan Trailseeker will be sub-divided into five separate events over the weekend. Each event will have a separate start time and will be limited to only 500 participants to ensure that there will never be more than 500 people on the venue at any given time.
*No late entries, substitutions or unpaid entries will be accepted on the day.
Route profiles are uploaded 1 week before the event. Keep watching our social media pages for any updates.
We are changing up the cycling scene by eliminating the registration process and getting our clients to experience the trails without standing in long queues. There will not be a Pre-Registration or number collection prior to the event, BUT, at the event every participant must be screened for Covid-19, this is the process:
- I have a SAS Timing board: you’ll go through Covid Screening and your number will be double-checked
- I bought a SAS Timing Board during the entry process: you’ll go through Covid Screening and receive your new number board
- I don’t have a SAS Board: You can purchase a SAS Timing board at any of these Specialized shops:
RACE DAY LOGISTICS YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF
- Please ensure that you are in possession of your SAS number board AND that it is correctly registered (we’ll also check it at registration on race day);
- You will receive an SMS on Thursday to confirm your distance, batch start, start time as well as the location of the start venue at Sondela Nature Reserve.
- We cannot, by law, allow any spectators onto the race venue.
- Please abide by all COVID-19 regulations with regards to sanitizing, wearing of mask/buff, and social distancing at all times. Find the complete list of regulations HERE;
- Please read through our Indemnity clause HERE, as you will be asked during the screening process if you understand and consent to all rules and regulations;
- Full COVID-19 regulations and the Advendurance Indemnity clause will be displayed at the screening area upon entering the Venue.
Preliminary race day schedule
The preliminary start times for the 2020 event. Please refer to official communication from SASeeding regarding the batch start times.
E-bikes (60km) start
A-Men (60km) start
A-ladies (60km) start
A-Batch (35km) start
A-Batch (20km) start
|Dist:||Batch Rules Saturday 10 October 2020||Time:|
|35km||A-Batch (batch B to I follows in 5min increments)||08:20|
|20km||A-Batch (batch B to D follows in 5 min increments)||09:30|
TRAIL RUN SERIES
Swop your mountain bike shoes for a pair of tekkies and join us on Sunday for the Nissan Trailseeker Trail Run Series. Choose between a 3km, 5km, 10km and 20km run.