NEW RACE FORMAT
Rider Procedure (Covid Regulations)
- Only paid pre-entries accepted. No late entries or unpaid entries at the venue.
- Limited entries available, only 280 per race, and only 5 Races per Event
- Normal Entry procedure via Entryninja, BUT:
- Please note that due to regulations, entries per race and batch are capped, so if your entry is not successful on the batch you have selected, please enter on a different Race (Date) or Batch
- Make sure you have a valid SAS Number board. No Number Boards will be sold at the Venue. If you do not have a number board, please purchase your SAS number board from the following Specialized Stores (you will have to visit one of the shops to purchase your board @ R60):
- 1. Lynnwood Cyclery, Shop 1A, Willow Way Shopping Centre, Cnr Lynnwood Road & Power Avenue, Pretoria, 0081, 0123483132
- THE BICYCLE COMPANY, 8 Larch Street, Zwartkop, Centurion,Gauteng, 012 663 2645
- Complete Cyclist Bryanston, 5 Main Road, Bryanston,Gauteng, 0861 116 230
- Complete Cyclist Bedfordview, Bedford Village Shopping Centre, Cnr. Van Buuren Rd & Nicol Drive, Bedfordview,Gauteng, 011 450 0427
- When you have your new SAS number Board, or you would like to verify your details linked to an existing SAS number board, please visit….. To register your SAS Board
- We will NOT be selling SAS boards at the Race.
- Specific start times will be communicated to riders per email and/or SMS. Please adhere strictly to that time.
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to change your batch or start time after you have entered, so please make sure you enter correctly.
- Please note that due to the new regulations, we will be enforcing Cut-offs on the route to ensure riders are off the venue before the start of the next race for the Morning Races, and to ensure all riders are finished before sunset for the afternoon races.
- Only riders allowed on the venue – NO Spectators, family or friends.
- No person will be allowed to access the Race Venue without the following compulsory items:
- Mask or Buff
- SAS Number Board (registered BEFORE race day)
- PLEASE HAVE YOUR SAS BOARD ALREADY MOUNTED ON YOUR BIKE
- Practise proper social distancing at all times – no physical contact between any persons please. Always keep your bike between yourself and the next rider. Always wear your mask / buff to cover both your nose and mouth at the same time, at the venue and Water Points.You may remove your mask / buff during racing.
- Sanitization stations will be available throughout the venue, please look out for these and make use of them as much as possible.
- Riders must arrive at venue 45 – 30 minutes prior to the start of their Batch. Please do not arrive too early.
- All riders entering the venue will pass by a sanitization station and then through the Screening and Scanning area where your temperature will be taken, an electronic questionnaire completed.
- Any person registering above 37.5 degrees or who does not qualify according to the basic questionnaire will not be allowed to access the venue or race.
- After the temperature screening and Covid questionnaire is completed, the same Staff member will scan your SAS board to confirm your timing chip is working and registered to the correct person.
- From the scanning area riders may proceed directly to the batch holding penns and await their start.
- Toilet facilities will be available. Please sanitize before entering and after exiting the toilets.
- Coffee, cool drink and take away vendors will also be at the venue, but there will be no sit down facilities or tents. Again we encourage riders to sanitize before and after doing their purchases. No alcohol will be on sale.
- Social Distancing rules apply at the water points as well. When stopping at a water point, please cover your mouth and nose with a buff or mask and only touch the items you will keep with you.
- Water Points will be touch-less and energy bars and sweets will be pre packaged.
- Fluids will be dispensed using foot activated valve.
- At the Finish, riders collect their own Goody Bag and proceed directly out of the fenced area where they can collect a sealed hydration drink.
- Unfortunately, we do NOT encourage riders to hang around at the venue after completion of their race. Food and drink will be available for purchase but only for take away. As mentioned there will be no alcohol on sale and no seating will be available.
- Please leave the venue at your earliest convenience to minimise the Covid risk as much as possible.
- For the Morning Races we would like to have the last riders off the venue by 12 pm latest as Riders for the next race will start arriving.
- Cut-offs will be enforced on the route so please be aware.
- There will be no Prize Giving at the Venue after the races. All winners will be announced via Social Media and News Letters the following Monday.
See you on Race Day!