The race starts at Kylemore Hoërskool located in Banhoek Valley Conservancy, Stellenbosch. The Banhoek Valley Conservancy is home to a network of more than seventy kilometres of unparalleled mountain bike trails. Mountain bikers will be treated to some of the best trails the Western Cape has to offer with panoramic mountain views and fynbos scenery.
With trails ranging from easy and relatively flat to technical, challenging routes, mountain bikers of all levels will be sure to have great fun on their bikes. The King Price Trailseeker MTB Series welcomes beginner, novice and pro mountain bikers alike and promises an authentic mountain bike experience for all.
Choose your race category and experience the best value available in the industry. Late entry fees apply from Thursday before the race and on race day.
Route profiles are uploaded 1 week before the event. Keep watching our social media pages for any updates.
NEW EVENT FORMAT & COVID REGULATIONS
Advendurance will cover all bases to ensure the safety of the riders and runners by hosting this event in a completely new format:
In accordance with announced Government Regulations, the King Price Trailseeker will be sub-divided into separate events over the weekend and limited to 500 riders per event distance. Each distance will have a separate start time and will be limited to only 500 participants to ensure that there will never be more than 500 people on the venue at any given time.
*No late entries, substitutions or unpaid entries will be accepted on the day.
We are changing up the cycling scene by eliminating the registration process and getting you to your race without queueing. There will be no Pre-Registration or number collection prior to the event, BUT, every participant will be screened for Covid-19 on race day. Here is the process:
- I have a SAS timing board: Proceed through Covid Screening and your SAS board will be double-checked.
- I bought a SAS timing board during the entry process: Proceed through Covid Screening and receive your new SAS board.
- I don’t have a SAS timing board: Proceed through Covid Screening and purchase a SAS timing board at the SAS gazebo.
Preliminary race day schedule
The preliminary start times for the 2021 event. Please refer to official communication from SASeeding regarding the batch start times.
E-bikes (70km) start
A-Men (70km) start
A-Ladies (70km) start
A-Batch (40km) start
A-Batch (20km) start
A-Batch (10km) start
RACE DAY LOGISTICS YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF
- Please ensure that you are in possession of your SAS number board AND that it is correctly registered (we’ll also check it at registration on race day);
- You will receive an SMS on Thursday to confirm your distance, batch start, start time as well as the location of the start venue.
- We cannot, by law, allow any spectators onto the race venue.
- Please abide by all COVID-19 regulations with regards to sanitizing, wearing of mask/buff, and social distancing at all times. Find the complete list of regulations HERE;
- Please read through our Indemnity clause HERE, as you will be asked during the screening process if you understand and consent to all rules and regulations;
- Full COVID-19 regulations and the Advendurance Indemnity clause will be displayed at the screening area upon entering the Venue.
TRAIL RUN SERIES
Swop your mountain bike shoes for a pair of tekkies and join us on Saturday evenings for the King Price Trailseeker Trail Run Series. Choose between a 3km, 5km, and 10km run.